Thursday, January 13, 2011

Working today on linking up to Artist and Military blogs

Today I am still in the learning mode and will need to take time to figure out how to link up with other artists and the miliary blogs out there.  Be patient. 
Also tonight is my CNY Artguild meeting.  We are to bring along some of our recent works.  My Military Series from a Parents Perspective will be coming with me.  Hope they like it.
Trying to work on "Homecoming Hug" Lots of layers.  Hope you like the underpainting. 



I saw this photo shared by his mom on Facebook and just knew this photo embodied the emotion of that initial homecoming hug.  The best hug in the world with all the love, joy, and relief - hands down!  My 3/6 Lima company family all got a peice of this night.  In this 36x 48 inch Acrylic painting Lcpl C.J. Sher embraces his fiance, neice and nephew with an Afghan American Bueaty Rose.  I so have these paintings on my heart to share with you all as I go along.  I will post their progress from time to time until they are completed.
If all goes well, I will have shows hopefully starting at The Everson Museum of Art, The Quantico Marine Museum of Art and Camp Lejeune.  More about that as I go

No comments:

Post a Comment