Friday, January 21, 2011

Worked on Homecoming Hug and starting "Young Warriors - One Year"

Working on the skintone layers in "Homecoming Hug" I want to portray the moment was not nessecarily pretty. It was hot and everyone was sweaty at two in the morning. At the time the hugs happened, that moment was nothing more than amazing. I will never forget that side body slam hug and Forest yelling out, "Mom!". I want "Homecoming Hug" to make you cry with that joy because everyone there felt this emotion. Pure joy. They made it home, all the prayers answered.
The ones who didn't make it home (forever on our hearts and minds) were with us too. We, as a military family, understand that.

Also starting a new work called "Young Warriors - One Year". There are 6 marines celebrating the amazing year they have experienced. June 29th these young men were sworn in to bootcamp at Parris Island to become United States Marines. Bootcamp to combat training, to MOS school (thats their specialty, ie Infantry, Gunner, etc.), to deployment in Afghanistan. What a transformation. Here is the photo I am using. Look at how dirty they are. I want to portray that. More on their story to come.



One other thing on the Art work planning. I have tried to contact Steve Kern. Not successful yet. The VFW in Mattydale, the Ready Room (a military courtesy room at the Syrcause Airport) and the Syracuse Marine Parents are poised to write letters of recomendations to help with the different venues that I would like to have my works shown. More to come on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment