Sunday, January 30, 2011

Lots of dots and more layers of acrylic

Lots of dots on "No Greater Friend No Worse Enemy". The last few days I have been eye to eye with Lcpl Nicholas Said. At one point I had Ophrah on television in the background and was listening to how the families are affected by their loved ones fighting in Afghanistan. There was a clip about a Gold Star Mom that made me stop. I looked into those big beautiful blue eyes and just thought about the 3/6 that will return to Afghanistan this year. I cried, "Be safe Nicholas and you keep my son safe when you go back there. I know you will". I guess that's what you call getting into your artwork. And unashamedly I do. Our sons sacrifice so much. Can you see it? It is my desire and hope that all who see these paintings will begin to understand the connection military parents have with their sons who serve so far away.

Added more layers of acrylics to "Homecoming Hug" in Saturday. Moved from skin to hair and clothes.

Will take a photo to update on both peices.

No comments:

Post a Comment