Saturday, February 23, 2013

Opening Night and a Very Special Event Night March 18th Coming Up

When God gives you a passion for reaching people with your story, you have to share it!   

Thursday night was just that kind of night at the Rome Art and Community Center, 308 West Bloomfield Street, Rome, NY to share my series.  The venue alone is absolutely beautiful, an old stone mansion turned into a most elegant gallery and community center.  By the looks of the gated yard, it must be beautiful in the spring.

I had some Veteran's from the Rome VFW there and it was wonderful to take him on a tour through my art and tell the stories of "A Military Experience - A Parent's Perspective".  Love my Military family; it continues to grow everywhere I go.  There were two Gold Star families there.  The woman in purple lost her husband in Vietnam.  At the time our country was not kind to the families of the fallen.  I have to say thank you to all my Veteran's families who have lost a loved one.  I cannot imagine the loss of a hero so dear to them.  

Now on to the next event within this exhibition.  The Rome Art and Community Center has extended a special night March 18th in which they will be open for a special presentation from 6-8pm of "A Military Experience - A Parent's Perspective".  I have invited the North Syracuse VFW, the Marine Corp League of Syracuse and several public officials, Senator Chuck Schumer, Congressman Dan Maffei, NY Senator John DeFransico, NY Assemblyman Bill Magnarelli and Rome's Mayor Joseph Fusco.

 The show will be up until the 5th of April.  Rome Art and Community Center has hours M-Th 10-5 and Fr 10-2.  Winter hours are closed on the weekends.  If you can come to the event on March 18th, you will get the presentation from me with their stories.  It takes about 45 minutes to an hour to get through all the paintings and I promise there will be times that you may tear up (that's ok because I do too).  There is a reality in what you see and hear.  Each painting has deep meaning with a variety of topics and I chose many mediums such as Oil, Pastel, Acrylics Drawing Mediums and Mixed Media.  
2013 Exhibition at the Rome Art and Community Center
It strikes a cord of awareness that few American's understand.  Perhaps it is time to take a look.  "A Military Series - A Parent's Perspective" is as much about our sons as it is the families who stand behind them.  They deployed and we did too.  Their journey became our journey as we witnessed all they experienced.  I read dusty letters that were written in sandstorms telling me what life was like.  Some were written for others with instructions: do not send until I come home (two different types of homecomings in that meaning).  Forest handed his most sensitive documents (power of attorney, birth certificates, credit cards, drivers licence, social security) to a complete stranger, Joel McCann, a proud Dad of Lcpl Rob McCann and Lobsterman as he left the continental US to Afghanistan, (Joel is a part of my 3rd Battalion, 6th Marine Regiment family and close friend - send more lobsters Joel, the last ones were delicious!).  Please know my Marines, current Armed Forces, Syracuse Marine Parents, 3/6 Battalion, 2nd Marine Division, and my Veteran's are my family, too.  That is what happens to you when your son becomes a part of the Military.
New Life Church 2011 presentation of "And We Prayed"
Bridadier General Lori Reynolds,
2nd Marine Division's Reunion








Please do everything you can to come as I work to get this series around our nation. 
  





No comments:

Post a Comment