Sunday, February 10, 2013

Upcoming, New Events for the Year

Upcoming events!  I have had a small showing of my paintings on display since December with the CNY Associated Artist's Gallery in the Shoppingtown Mall in DeWitt, NY.  It was located in the display window downstairs near the library.  Many people saw the artwork and commented on the portraits.  Many thanks to Peter Sabova for having me show my work in one of his locations in the mall.  It was Good exposure.

So now on to a true Art show which is different than what I have done than any other venue!  Until now, I have been showing my work in very public expos, ball games, reunions and homecomings.  On Tuesday I have to move paintings for its new venue at the Rome Community Center, opening 2/21 from 6-7:30 pm where I will be presenting my series "A Military Experience - A Parent's Perspective" with their community and its veterans.  I will be renting a minivan to bring it over.  Could use a little help.  Anyone available 9-11:00 am? Inviting all that would like to come to the opening.  Pretty place!  Along with telling their stories, I will be selling giclee prints and notecards to help move the series to its April venue with "Hope For The Heroes Gala Affair in Washington, DC.

On the home front, Forest and Rachel are now happily married as of December 15th.  They are currently  down in Jacksonville, NC, just off base.  Forest is resigning for the next four years, so a lot happening in this young Marine's life.

More to come.    




No comments:

Post a Comment