Sunday, September 4, 2011

"Morning Patrol" - In Process

Introducing "Morning Patrol" or Sunrise in a Dust Storm?  Not sure of the title yet.  The photos from one of my Syracuse Marine Parent's sons, Cpl Jenks, USMC 1/6 Battalion were taken in Marjah, last year.  My son's 3/6 Battalion fought in the same Helmand province for Marjah.  Often we would see news reports of these battalions fighting alongside each other.  Tina and Doug have been such a big help from the time Forest joined back in 2009.  When our sons deployed we exchanged the latest news back and forth to each other from our sons calls, the web and national news.  Those patrols, we know so little as civilians, can be brutle.  A day in the life of a warrior consists of 6 hours on patrol, 6 hours back up on post and 6 hours to sleep.  Many times that sleep is interupted.
In August I demoed at work with glazing layers of fluid acrylics over light molding paste.  I used a canvas that I had and had a canvas I had stretched a while back that I was saving for just the right time.  I am merging two photos on my peice.  This is a small peice but cool photo.  More to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment