Thursday, January 9, 2014

A Look Into The Celebrations of our Young Warriors




My Marines have taught me so much through these years since Forest earned that title.  Their families shaped and developed the warriors heart without realizing the part they played.  A young person takes a look at a great big world to step into and decides there is a difference to be made.  Someone has to step up to take on the task. Somewhere deep inside themselves they answer a call that quietly beckoned the warrior within to the final leg of a challenge called the Crucible.  In the end these young men and women earned the title Marine.  Now is their time.  What was instilled by their families becomes something to protect.  This warrior will shield, protect and   Thier battle cry: "Oorah" and always "Semper Fidelis" (always faithful).  I chose this picture to be one of my portraits because I want America to know know that these warriors are young and Lcpl Borio is the perfect example of the average age that starts in to represent our country.

At the 2013 Veteran's Day Parade and Expo their stories were shared again and the Marine Corp Ball was a celebration I will not forget.

Sorry I have not finished this post sooner; (it sat in a draft for the month of December).  Christmas and New Year have come and gone.  I have been very busy with the season and the commission work. We have a new year upon us and a very full one indeed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment