Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Final on "Morning Patrol"

Here is a moody, silhouetted piece called "Morning Patrol".  It just makes you kind of think what is like to be there on a early morning patrol.  Visibility is not very good because there has been a sand storm that is hanging in the air and there is little being said amongst each other.  They are  vigilently watching as they peer through the darkened shadows of Marjah.  Fire fights came so often last year, I can just imagine this time.   

It consists of a base layer of Light Moulding Paste, a watercolor lay down of Fluid Acrylics followed by many layers of glazes and gel mediums. 

More to come on "Young Warriors"

1 comment:

  1. Sharon, your work is so beautiful. This piece is especially dramatic and emotional for me. My brother will be heading to Afghanistan in January. I am certain that we crossed paths again for a reason. Looking forward to learning with you in January. It has been SO good to see you again. May I share some of your work on my Google+ page? You can find me here: https://plus.google.com/106078817258497259289/posts?hl=en
    Take care and have a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete