Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Presenting my full Military Series at the Veteran's Expo and spot on Bridge Street

I sent this invite via email to all I could, but just Hello everyone: 

On Thursday I will be on Bridge Street http://www.9wsyr.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoid=2990305 talking about my artwork called, "A Military Series - A Parent's Perspective" at the Veteran's Expo and Parade on the NY State Fairgrounds November 5th from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm in the Center of Progress building. I think this link is ok to use.  If not I will take it off tomorrow morning.  There is free parking and a parade that starts 12:00 pm at the Colosseum and ends at the Expo. This is a very large community event that is family friendly. You will find me in with the Syracuse Marine Parents and Military Courtesy Room. There will be blank cards with envelopes that people can decorate and fill out going into our military care packages for the troops this holiday season as just some of the activities that will be there. As many of you have seen, I have several paintings in all kinds of media's, each with their own stories that I have been writing in my blog at http://www.marineparentsharetheirstory.blogspot.com./ The purpose of my paintings and drawings is not about me so much as an artist, it is more importantly about our brave military and the families that stand behind them. There is emotion in what I portray, because I want people to experience what it is like to have a family member serving in all parts of our world. They have fought so hard, concurred and protected each other and civilians that have only begun to realize the price freedom costs and its benefits. Our son's have come into the military desiring to make a difference in this world and they have done that. Their faces reflect their bravery, integrity and heroism. They are due the honor for what they selflessly give to preserve and protect the freedoms we hold so dear. Perhaps you have never thought of going to a Veteran's day event. Keep this in mind, 1% of our population serves in harms way right now somewhere in our world. If you haven't gone to a Veterans event, come along my friends; there are heroes that abound here. Let's celebrate and enjoy some of my artwork. By the way my son, Lcpl Forest Blair will be returning home sometime after the holidays. My Christmas tree will be going up uncharacteristically early and stay up until way after New Year's, decked out in what else, Red White and Blue! See you there.

Sharon A. Blair, Proud Mom of Lcpl Forest Blair, USMC and Artist

No comments:

Post a Comment