Wednesday, August 10, 2011

"Daddy, Don't Go"

A little girl put "Deployment" into perfect perspective when I was given this photo of Major David A Schreiner and his daughter Addison.  How could I not do this painting?  Just in case you were wondering what the sacrifice is that our families give to you America; its in this little girls hug.  It's in her eyes.  It's in her daddy's embrace.   
From the very beginning of this journey with "A Military Experience - A Parent's Perspective", I asked God to give me the ability to capture the right moments, the emotion and share their stories with America.  I hope you can not just see it with your eyes, but that you, my audience, come to understand what my military families sacrifice for you.  In this painting David's commitment is to protect you and your little girls to live in freedom and peace. 

A world away it is not so peaceful.  One person does make a difference and David is doing that, just like so many who have heard this call to duty.  God Bless you and keep you safe. 

Here is the start to a Panpastel I am calling, "Daddy, Don't Go".   More to come.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment