Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Underpainting to "I'm Out Here; Did You Forget Me?"

Just to finally put this one on the map of my series.  Here is the underpainting of "I'm Out Here; Did You Forget Me?". 

I changed my media on this one over to oils.  I may also employ oil bars and am still planning on pastel over if I catch the paint at the right time of dryness.  I want that powder to capture the grittiness of the Afghanistan sands out there.  Sandstorm season is settling down out there about now.  Don't forget them; keep praying because I want to see these faces that I paint again at homecoming. 

Did I mention it was hot out there?  We think we have it bad here with our current heatwave of 100 degrees.  Ha!  That's nothing.  When Forest called last it was 135degrees.  Set a digital oven to 140 degrees and then stand in front of it.  Then imagine 150 pounds worth  of gear. 

I am sending along neck coolers and a letter to Forest on where I was today.  While he worked with 135 plus temps, I wimped out at 100+ degrees and went figure skating.  No sunburns, but I did get an iceburn from a skid across the ice.  He'll be getting these pic's in his care package too.  

Love my marine! 

No comments:

Post a Comment