Sunday, March 27, 2011

Progression on "Role Models"

"Role Models"  is progressing along.  When I first saw this posted on facebook it captured my attention, because I had seen rescues in process from the embedded photographers with the 3/6.  This photo tells so much of the real drama that goes on in heroic proportions to save a life everyday in Afghanistan.  I did talk with Forest at some length asking him what this moment was like when someone was airlifted.  Their care, protection, their concern, is an automatic response of teamwork that is truly amazing. 

 I color blocked the first time I showed this on my blog, now I am in the middle of this almost mono color painting.  There was an army photographer taking classes at Syracuse University who had seen the painting in its starting stages and told me about the yellow flares to use to signal the medical transport.  I thought that color in the background added to it. 


One of the parents had posted it and it looks like it got a good fair share of reposting and the photographs had been tagged with names.  Thought I had the correct names of the ones photographed and I finally got a hold of one who informed me that was not him.  So I am searching for the real names of the guys in the photograph and their photographer.   As of now it is an unknown photograph and I would like to give credit where it is due.  All the others are from photos that I personally know them and or their parents.  Because I can so identify where the guys are in this scene they are my adopted heroes and I am so proud of them.  God Bless them and keep them.    

No comments:

Post a Comment