Monday, January 17, 2011

Here is "Lance Corporal Prevart Janvier in Front of His Sandbags"

On Veteran's day I had a surprise visit from two marines.  Upon stepping into my house, Prevart saw my in-process drawing and exclaimed, "Awgh!  You got my sandbags!  I filled all those."  And for the same reasons that I had seen in the photograph I chose, Prevart liked all the muted colors.  At the time he saw the drawing, I wasn't sure if I would put any detail into the sandbags.  So after he commented on it, the sandbags were definitely a part the drawing. 
I liked the in-your-face drama that portrayed.  The lines of carbon I felt dramitized the feeling of the drawing to portray, "This is is a hard job to do." and I hope you can hear the "grunt" when you look at it.  I chose a variety of drawing media.  There is Inktense Pencils from Derwent, Graphitints also Derwent, and Carbon Pencils from Wolf's. 
I am so proud of each and everyone of my Marines.  They are amazing young men of valor.  Lcpl Prevart Janvier, USMC has traveled the world and after his tour with my son to Afghanistan will finish his service this year.  He has a lovely fiance and will go to college, thanks to the GI bill. 
Thank you Prevart for your sacrifice to do that hard job.  You are my hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment