Sunday, October 2, 2011

Putting "A Military Experience - A Parent's Perspective" Into Perspective

Last week, I discovered how important it is to keep your dreams on tract.  These paintings each have their own stories, yet they congeel and connect together.  Like a group of individual short stories, they come together by centering around a journey in this military life.  This week I sort of lost tract of what I was tying to do.  I focused on the art rather than reason for the art.  The series needs to stay together and not go to contests for one individual painting.  The paintings are linked together and should be shown together.  

When I started this series "A Military Series  - A Parent's Perspective", I asked God if he could bless me with the talent to capture what I saw, I would tell their stories.  God has given me that ability and passion to represent through my paintings, our brave military and the families that stand behind them.  It is my job to present each story, to teach America what our families are going through and how we see the commitment our sons and daughters put into motion everyday, keeping you safe and free. 

This series is meant to break barriers between differenting views and opinions the general public may have.  What is behind the weaponry is a very real person who is making a difference in this world.  Freedom is not free, it takes work and investment to bring about change in a foreign land, whose outcome produces peace.   

Next month, after the 174th Army division's homecoming parade, I will present all 15 paintings and all those stories at the Veteran's Expo at the State Fair Grounds from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm.   

No comments:

Post a Comment