Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Progression on "Watching Over You"

Titles will either be there before a painting starts or it will evolve and come to light like this one with Lcpl Bryan Bullock I am calling, "Watching Over You".   I asked Forest what that is like being topside.   Bryan is 14 feet up in a turret that is part of a mammoth vehicle called an MRAP (Mine Resistant Ambush Protected) Armored Vehicle.  He told me when you are up there you have a 360 degree view so you can direct the ones below driving that have limited vision.  It is a very important part of that job, so Bryan is keeping watch over his brothers in the vehicle below.  Their teamwork is a part of them, like a family they will do anything to keep each other safe. 
I know they are trained this way, but I can tell you as parents, we had the first part in that training.    While at homecoming last year at Camp Lejeune, I observed a squad of marines driving tanks.  They looked so happy, I noted to memory my own title, "A Man and His Tank!".  I think Bryan has that happy look too. 

Almost there on this pastel on velour board.  Pastels carry a soft look as it is but with this velour board it is even softer, kind of like oil on velvet.  There will be more to come very soon.  I am trying to finish this for the Veteran's Expo and Homecoming Parade at the NY State Fairgrounds November 5th.  Lots happening, hope to see you there.  I want to give back to my heroes.  When I sell prints, 10 % will go to the Wounded Warriors.  I can only take orders at the expo, but I am still so grateful to be able to present and tell their stories.  Big thanks to Diana Abdella at Assemblyman's Magnerelli's office.  She has been responsible to putting together this Veteran's Celebration that will take time to honor our military.

No comments:

Post a Comment