Friday, August 5, 2011

"I'm Out Here; Did You Forget Me?"

Best Birthday gift of all is to wake up to Forest calling home from Afghanistan!  Couldn't ask for better. 

Forest told me in this photograph, he is sitting in a Turret on patrol pensively setting up his camera.  And he really did wonder, "I'm out here.  Did you forget me?"

This 36x48 in oil and oil bar painting went fast.  The weather was wonderful.  I have a big front yard with georgous shade trees, perfect for painting outdoors.  My neighbors liked to watch the painting progress and I had several stop by.  Two of them were marines.  One popped out of his car on his way to work dressed in fatigues and a boot cast.  He is one of our wounded warriors rehabbing here in the states.  The other one is actually still a recruit, but will be on his way to boot camp this fall.  I told him about our Syracuse Marine Parents and how they have been there for me during this journey as a military mom.  Both young men saw something in my sons face that reminded them of everyday life for a deployed marine.  I am so proud of these young men.  They have made a very personal and powerful choice to defend our freedom here and make a difference in this world. 

No, Forest, we did not forget you.

No comments:

Post a Comment