Saturday, May 11, 2013

"An Evening at the Gala"

Finally back on the blog after two weeks of moving and not being able to get on my computer, I am back.  Sorry this took so long.  The website is going to be updated and work the way it should in the next few weeks.  Hang in there for that please!


First off, here is the news about Hope for the Warriors Gala Affair at the Andrew Melon Auditorium April 17th.  What an awesome experience to be on Constitution Ave with so many heroes.  We were all there to celebrate and tell their stories.

My paintings were at the entry ways for all the Gala Affair's guests.  I was able to take so many through the paintings and tell the stories behind the paintings.  One of my first guests to take through my paintings was Gary Sinise and his lovely daughter.  Just in case you wondered I personally have met three actors in my life.  The first was Timmy with his co-actor Lassie (which is the reason I have moved- to have a collie that I would like to train for Clear Path for Veterans with PTSD).  Robert Dinero, while I did not meet face to face I did take care of his guest room where I was a head housekeeper at The Point. For Gary, I was most impressed at how humble and truly gracious he was.  And his daughter was so sweet.




Many others were there and I was so humbled to be counted among such a wonderful group who shared the thought to pay it forward and make a difference for those who sacrificed so much for our country.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment