Friday, January 4, 2013

Veterans Expo, CNY Womans December Issue and a Marine's Wedding Day

Well its about time I catch everyone up on the events that have taken place since the Veterans Day Parade.  It has been a very busy time.  I was able to appear on a segment on "Bridge Street" (a local talk show here in Central New York about the expo with our Assemblyman Bill Magnarelli.  The Veteran's Day Parade and Expo was thrilling to show the paintings to so many veterans and their families.

It was also very exciting to be interviewed for an article in the Central NY Women's Magazine.  Their focus for the December issue was on Women in the Military.  Very good articles on the women of Central New York that are an active part of defending our country or helping our military through their service.

Check out the link http://issuu.com/scotsmanonline/docs/twcny_dec12/1.  The interview and article is toward the back http://todayscnywoman.com/2012/12/03/painting-heroes/.
Though that is very satisfying I am still trying to cross those bridges of the American Citizen and our military.  So my focus is going to be on getting these paintings out to teach the Average American Citizen just what a modern day warrior experiences.  The paintings are not about me, the artist.  "A Military Series - A Parent's Perspective" was created to tell their stories, so I will be calling and approaching area schools.

Another exciting event took place in December.  My son Lcpl Forest Blair married Rachel Hort in Ravenna, Ohio.  Most handsome in those dress blues Forest said "I Do" to his most lovely Rachel with full military honors.  They walked under the arch of crossed swords.


I am one blessed Marine Momma!  I have watched this hero walk through so much with the Marines over the last few years.  This was the most beautiful event I have ever witnessed.  Rachel is an incredible woman, as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside.  Welcome to the Marine Corps Rachel!  This is a most amazing family and you will live in a very extraordinary way while Forest serves his country.

Hope you all have had a wonderful Christmas and New Years.  So much to share and do.  I will be updating on all the events coming up this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment