Friday, April 22, 2011

Progression on "Grief"

Just a quick update on "Grief", now entering its final phase.  Every painting is charged with its emotion.  That has been my intent on every painting to visually tell their story.  As an artist in developing portraiture, I get involved with my subjects as if I am in the painting with them.  I know their loss, it is such a deep sense of grieving.  Though I have been painting this for a while, I found myself today feeling their pain and stopping to cry. 

They are the bravest men I know, facing the final reality that could be any one of our sons and daughters.  Death has a great sting only to be consoled by knowing God has them in heaven.  Lcpl Gabe Raney is at peace.  We will always remember, never to forget.  These young men will remember this moment into eternity itself.  God watches over the grieving and broken hearted. 

Penny Riley, Gabes mom, shared her memorial on Facebook and I asked for permission to link that with my blog.  She immediately said yes.  Part of Penny's grieving process has been to let people know who Gabe was in life and death.  She has shared often her pictures, her videos, and her very personal feelings of what she has gone through.  I find her to be a great lady, very strong (though I think she would be the first to say how weak she really feels), her faith unshakeable.  Penny's grace matches her outward as well as inward beauty.  And as a mom of a fallen marine, she wants you to remember Gabe and I want you to remember a families dearest sacrifice.  As you look at this link, please, never forget.   http://youtu.be/o3nsB2WVN0c

Showed this to a very good friend and artist on Saturday.  More about it to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment